Who we are
The One Brand Is the UK’s leading ethical drinks brand. Our vision is a world in which everyone has access to clean water, forever. To help achieve this, we sell bottled water in the UK with the sales of every pack going to fund clean water projects via The One Foundation. Our goal is to inspire trade customers and consumers to make ethical water choices and ultimately support One Water.
To date The One Foundation has raised over £19.3m changing the lives of over 3.6 million people. We are committed to using business as a force for good; a key part of which is supporting and developing our team. We are also committed to minimising our impact on the planet and helping to reduce plastic pollution and combatting climate change. We are a business made up of Genuine, Inspiring, Accountable and Purposefully-Driven team players that love to celebrate our successes and work together to keep changing lives.
What we can offer you
A unique opportunity to work for a purpose driven brand; taking full ownership and responsibility for the Digital Marketing Plan for One Water.
Our team is made up of a wide variety of individuals; some with formal corporate training, others with entrepreneurial spirit but all committed to helping both people and planet.
Main purpose of the role
The post holder will build the brand through a range of digital, social media and customer communications channels to increase brand awareness and engagement, inbound sales enquiries and Amazon product sales. The main focus of the role is on the commercial side of the business to encourage sales of One Water. However, there will be some collaboration with The One Foundation team.
Developing plans for digital, social media and customer communications
- Building long term digital marketing plan for One Water
- Creating and owning the delivery of the annual communications calendar
- Leading development of small and large communications campaigns
- Setting KPIs and reporting results and identifying key leanings for future campaigns on a monthly basis
- Development and management of the website, including management of web design agency (on ad hoc basis)
- including managing SEO agency and PPC via the Google AdWords grant.
- Development and management of both B2C and B2B email marketing campaigns including creating plans to grow both databases
- Owning the calendar of blog posts including writing some and encouraging staff, customers and supporters to submit posts. Also responsible for publishing them on the website.
- Writing and scheduling monthly planned editorial calendars for the One Water social channels, linking in with key campaigns, marketing, sales, brand and TOF (The One Foundation) priorities.
- Creating original content (eg. videos, pictures, blog posts etc.) for all channels and managing inbound content requests.
- Managing day-to-day social media activity, online community and responses/enquiries.
- Writing and managing social media adverts; monitoring and optimising to achieve best performance/ROI.
- Developing campaigns / activity with selected social media influencers and brands
- Analysing and reporting on key metrics
- Providing staff and customers with social media training and support to inspire them to create content for us.
- Monitoring trends and competitor activity, understanding the latest trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy to continually develop channels and produce best-in-class online activity.
Online sales channels
- Responsibility for driving online sales through Amazon. Via creating best in class listings pages and a paid promotion plan and working with supply chain to ensure stock levels are kept at optimal levels
- Supplying content and copy for customers’ and key brand partners’ promotional channels, including brand profiles, blog posts, social media, magazine features, newsletters etc.
- Creating social media toolkits and content for customers and influencers to share on their channels.
- Managing relationship with B Corp to maximise opportunities from the partnership (including overseeing partnerships with other B Corps, PR, print ads, joint promotions and sales opportunities.)
- In conjunction with the Marketing Director, securing and managing other partnerships with brands, influencers and customers.
- Attending customer, trade and consumer events and supporting events planning and execution.
It should be noted that the above list of main duties and responsibilities is not necessarily a complete statement of the final duties of the post. It is intended to give an overall view of the position and should be taken as guidance only.
Channel metrics reviewed and published on monthly basis
- Website visits & sessions
- Bounce rates & session times
- Sales enquiries
- Clicks through to Amazon
- Database size
- Open rates click through rates
- Audience engagement
- Response rate and quality
Campaign results vs KPIs
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Degree or HND/HNC educated (if not in marketing or similar, some other form of digital marketing training is required)
- Prior experience in digital marketing role
- Confidence in using WordPress, HootSuite, MailChimp & Google Analytics or similar. And working across Facebook/ Instagram/ Twitter/ LinkedIn
- Competent copy writer and able to work with a pre-determined tone of voice
- Competent visual asset creator: photography, basic graphic design
- Ability and experience in developing long term digital marketing plans
- Experience with working collaboratively with agencies
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of best practices, including web design, SEO, PPC, email marketing, social media community management and campaign development, online analytics and social media planning and advertising
- Confident communicator: both in written and verbal. Able to communicate digital updates to non-digitally savvy audiences
- Can do attitude: willingness and desire to ‘roll up your sleeves’
- Takes responsibility and ownership for all digital communications
- Time & budget management
- An ambassador for the company: confident; adaptable and resilient; and with a hunger and passion to do your absolute best
- High-energy, self-starter as well as collaborative team player
- Exceptional planning and organisation skills
- “Can do” attitude & demonstrable desire to deliver great results
- Formally trained in principles of Digital Marketing
- Experience of working in FMCG or retail environment
- Competent user of Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign
- Knowledge of latest trends to continually improve and develop digital offering
Mostly based out of our HQ in Richmond but may involve some national travel
How to apply
Send the latest copy of your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter should include why you’d like to work for One Water, why do you think this role is suited
to you and what you think you can bring to the role.